Profile: Gary De'Ath
Gary is a lawyer with over 25 years' experience. He has more than 15 years’ of specialist experience in advising Charities in a Legal and Business-Advisory capacity with specific experience including:-
- Setting up - structural advice and registration with the Charity Commission
- Keeping your constitution up-to-date
- Fundraising and lottery applications
- Negotiating funding agreements
- Commercial partnerships
- Mergers and reorganizations
- Charity Commission reviews and investigations
- Trustee duties
- Trustee remuneration
- Charity Commission orders and schemes
- Project management
- Lotteries and promotions
Gary is an acknowledged national expert in charity law having handled numerous projects ranging from multi-million pound UK regeneration schemes to initiatives intended to assist the relief of poverty in Africa. He is an honorary legal advisor to the Institute of Fundraising and visiting speaker to a number of national bodies on charity law issues.
When not at work as a lawyer, Gary pursues interests as honorary consul to the Coté d'Ivoire.