The Collaborative Law process can work particularly well to resolve problems relating to issues regarding children & Family Law cases. Collaborative law can go some way to avoiding long term damage which the formality of contested Court battles might cause.

Whenever a Court is asked to make a decision about the welfare of a child, it must work through the Welfare Checklist before making its decision.

Child Arrangement Orders determine where and with whom the child is to live, spend time or otherwise have contact with.

Grandparents may also find that their involvement with grandchildren is affected by the separation of the child’s parents.  If matters cannot be agreed they too can apply for permission to make Child Arrangement Orders although there are additional matters to be considered in these cases.

If you are an unmarried father without parental responsibility for your child, parental responsibility can be obtained by applying for an appropriately worded Child Arrangements Order.

Who has Parental Responsibility?

Married parents have joint parental responsibility. If the parents are not married, only the mother automatically has parental responsibility.

If you would like more information about this or any issue concerning the children of a relationship, please email Elizabeth Hodder or telephone 01284 763333 to speak to us.

Contact Us
We want to ensure that we send you relevant communications on legal issues and events. No information will ever be passed to a third party.