Generally speaking, once an individual is granted permission to enter or remain in the UK as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK, if the marriage ends in divorce, prior to the individual being granted leave to remain, then the individual will either need to leave the UK, or make an application to remain in the UK in another category.

There can be various options available when making such applications in this situation.

It is extremely important to obtain specialist advice at the earliest opportunity in order to consider all options available. Please contact Sohan Sidhu, Immigration Partner, who would be delighted to provide immigration advice to those worried about their immigration status following divorce.

Contact Us
We want to ensure that we send you relevant communications on legal issues and events. No information will ever be passed to a third party.