Employers who wish to recruit foreign nationals requiring Tier 2 Permits or Tier 5 Permits must first obtain an Employer’s Licence from the UK Border Agency. This Licence will enable employers to issue Sponsorship Certificates to prospective employees requiring visas under these categories. Licences will be valid for 4 years, subject to the Annual Quota on Certificates operating at the time.

In order to obtain a Sponsor’s Licence, an Employer must satisfy the UK Border Agency that its systems are robust enough to meet the requirements of the Sponsors Management System introduced by the UK Border Agency and associated Policy Guidance.

Gross & Co. can provide detailed advice and assistance to employers wishing to obtain an Employers Licence, both in relation to the licensing application, and thereafter managing the issuing of Sponsorship Certificates and ongoing Compliance obligations.

Please contact Graeme Kirk or Sohan Sidhu for further advice on Employers Licence applications.

Contact Us
We want to ensure that we send you relevant communications on legal issues and events. No information will ever be passed to a third party.