Sohan joined Gross & Co. in 2005, became partner in 2008 and finance partner in 2014. A solicitor, practicing immigration law for over 20 years, he provides advice on all aspects of UK immigration for individuals, families and business clients.
Who’s Who Legal 2018 says: Experienced immigration partner Sohan Sidhu is highly regarded as a “go-to” lawyer for sponsor licence applications and compliance, among other matters.
Also Listed as ‘Recommended’ by world renowned publication Legal 500 UK 2017
He is credited “as being among the world’s leading Corporate Immigration lawyers” by the Who’s Who Legal 2018 and is recognised in the Legal 500 Top-Tier firm rankings having been quoted as a ‘safe pair of hands’.
Sohan advises businesses who are seeking to employ key staff including assisting with sponsor licence applications and advising employers on compliance related matters.
He also advises on European applications and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Investor) visas, British citizenship applications and on British nationality issues. Represented clients before immigration tribunals and provided training and seminars on immigration, and is regularly consulted by military personnel and contractors.
A range of matters recently worked on;
- Representing a global company in its sponsor licence application and helping with the transfer of global staff to its UK division
- Obtaining a Tier 2 permit for a skilled chef sought by a leading London restaurant
- Successfully challenging the suspension of the sponsor licence of a leading racehorse trainer
- Advising a leading Hollywood actress on UK immigration matters
- Successfully challenging a six figure civil penalty imposed upon a large business for allegedly employing illegal migrant workers
- Securing damages and legal costs against the Home Office for the wrongful arrest and detention of a client
- Advising a USA corporation working under contract with the US Government on the transfer of technical staff to work at a major US Air Force Base in the UK
- Securing Leave to Remain for a client on Human Rights Grounds who had had three previous applications refused by the Home Office
Sohan has a diverse client base including from the IT, pharmaceutical, education, healthcare, horse racing, engineering, fashion, military and professional services sectors.
Contact Sohan by telephone on 01284 763333 or by email: Sohan Sidhu.
Offices in Bury St. Edmunds and London W1
Life is busy and we’re not always able to find the time to meet with a solicitor. We offer appointments to suit you – Skype appointments and alternative times are available, please contact us to make an appointment that’s convenient for you.
What my clients say:
‘I was most impressed by the knowledge and willingness to help. For me, this was a daunting task; if done incorrectly can drastically affect peoples lives. It was great to know I was in safe hands throughout.’ February 2018
‘Mr Sidhu’s calm and knowledgeable approach inspired confidence as we approached what has been a minefield and are immensely grateful to him.’ January 2018
“Sohan was responsive, clear with his advice and guidance, did everything he said he would do, when he said it would be done. Working on the weekend out of hours on our small but urgent matter was greatly appreciated.”
‘We were well advised and got what we wanted’.
“We are both very grateful for all of your hard work and guidance with the application. Without your help we would have been completely lost in it all”. Mr & Mrs A, Suffolk, May 2017.
“Sohan’s reassuring presence during the process alleviated so much of the stress. His honesty, regardless whether good or bad news, gave me piece of mind – I knew I was not going to be hoodwinked. Whenever I had questions, or was uncertain of anything, Sohan always provided a valuable answer and would share his opinion to what he believed suited my case. I cannot express in words the confidence he placed in me when I felt at my lowest point. That’s an amazing thing.” Mrs K, Suffolk, February 2017.
“My husband and I are extremely grateful to Sohan for all his help and assistance. His specialist knowledge and expertise, especially in relation to ex USAF military personnel, helped us get the result we wanted with the Home Office. We would certainly use Sohan again if we had further immigration issues.” Mr and Mrs AT, Lincolnshire, February 2017.